Ian Hyman and the Hymans team believe that giving back to the community and supporting those less fortunate is imperative to building functional and effective communities. Hymans’ annual goal is to donate 2% of turnover to charity, a target which Hymans’ are proud to consistently exceed.
The team at Hymans is passionate about supporting a range of charities. Staff are actively encouraged and supported by the company to embark on their own/individual charity funding and volunteering work. This inspires and motivates staff to be able to truly contribute to the community on a personal level.
Hymans also plays an integral role in fundraising for these excellent charities.
In the cases of Inala Disability Services and the Association for Children with a Disability, Ian Hyman is a board member. Over the past 20+ years Ian has also been actively involved at board level with the Down Syndrome Assn, Lifestart Co-operative Ltd and Special Olympics.
The Hymans team participates in all facets of event management, pursues sponsorship opportunities and always strive for the best possible financial outcomes for the charities that we work with.
Charities regularly supported;
- Inala – is a Rudolf Steiner organisation supporting individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities through accommodation, respite care and supported employment programs.
- St Edmunds Special Needs School
- Chromehurst Special Needs School
- Beyond the Square Program – provides creative theatrical opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Association for Children with a Disability which provides awareness and advocacy services for carers and people with disabilities.
- Bayley House – supports individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities through accommodation, respite care and supported employment programs.
1993 – 2016 Annual Charity Lunch Sydney
With exciting and different themes each year, great locations and excellent speakers the annual charity lunch has been held for the past 23 years. Over $2.75m has been raised for disability charities through this event. These lunches have included auctions and raffles to help raise money. The 2016 the lunch was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in the Sydney CBD on the 24th June and raised over $225,000 for Inala.
2008 – 2010 & 2014-2016 Melbourne Charity Lunch
This year the Melbourne Charity Lunch was held at the Royal Automobile Club in support of Bayley House. Over the last 3 years the lunch has grown in size and popularity and the funds raised reflect this: 2014 saw $55,000 go to Bayley House, increasing to $59,000 in 2015, and a whopping $76,000 in 2016.
2013 October Long Lunch
This lunch was in aid of providing financial support to Colin Pittorino, a close friend of the Hymans family who was involved in a tragic cycle accident and was left a paraplegic. Ian Hyman initiated this terrific fundraiser to assist Colin’s family, which includes 2 intellectually disabled children. The money raised was to assist him and his family through this challenging period.
2014 Special Olympics Upper North Shore – Ku-ring-gai Chase Fun Run
Hymans’ extensive client and staff network of 161 people sponsored Alistair Hyman, who has Down Syndrome. Alistair was a participant in the fun run. The generosity of clients and staff alike contributed to Special Olympics who donated over $20K for this event!
2006 – 2014 St Edmunds Special School Gala Dinner
This included excellent entertainment from St Edmunds students. Ian was on the fundraising committee for almost 10 years. Hymans supports this event financially and Ian conducts the auction each year.
It has been estimated that Hymans staff have conducted over 1,000 charity auctions over the past 30 years helping these great charities raise tens of millions of dollars.
If you would like to get involved or donate to any of these amazing schools/charities, please visit their respective websites to see how your organization can make a difference.
Alternatively, please contact the friendly Hymans Team to be added to the sponsorship mail out and stay abreast of any special fundraising events Hymans is supporting to enable your organisation to participate in such an emotionally rewarding experience! For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individually supported charities
- Men’s Mental Health Awareness – Blue Shirt Day. VIEW MORE
- Essentials for Women of Perth. VIEW MORE
- Canteen. VIEW MORE
- Riding for the Disabled. VIEW MORE
- World Vision. VIEW MORE
- Movember. VIEW MORE
- International Network of Churches – One of our valuers and his wife contribute over $28K annually to the International Network of Churches which support a variety of charitable causes. – Our valuer is also the secretary of the Finance Management Committee and volunteers 40 hours per month to community/church related activities. VIEW MORE